Friday, July 1, 2011

My day of freedom!

I had an unexpected day off today! It was rather nice!  I got a lot of things done that I wouldn't usually get to do.  I got to work out this morning, which was great, I wish I could start every day that way! I went down to our apt complex's workout room and did the elliptical, then did an ab workout from an app on my phone (nifty thing, so useful) and the jogged back to my apt (which is like a 1/4 mile!! It's a big complex!).  I got laundry done and cleaning, got lunch for Joel and I (he came home on his lunch break to see me :)), and even got to be crafty!  I got these fabric quarters from JoAnn's and decided I was going to make fabric flowers with them!
I think I'm going to use them to decorate like plain t-shirts and tank tops.  I think that would be rather cool!  I also wrapped some more bottles with yarn, I turn them into little flower vases, and placed them in the kitchen as decor!

I think they are rather cool, unique too! I love decorating from things that I already have, it's so much fun for me, I get a little carried away some times!! :)

Tonight was fun too!  My brother and his girlfriend came over for dinner.  It was so great to get to meet her and hang out with them for a while!!  We had stir fry for dinner and my yummy red, white, and blue dessert!
It's angel food cake, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and jello which you chill until the jello jello-ifies, and then some whipped cream on top!  It was delicious, and good for you!!  The angel food cake has no sugar in it, and I used sugar free jello, and then fat free cool whip- all good stuff!!

Well, time for me to get some shut eye, it's on to Houston in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment