Saturday, July 23, 2011

Crazy, Hectic Week!

Sorry for the lack of posting this week, it's been a rough one.  Wednesday morning I came out to find a flat tire, had all sorts of problems with the spare, etc. so it took me until Friday until I was able to drive myself in my truck to work again.  This resulted in me being exhausted, because of late nights getting home and dealing with all the craziness, and a lack of posting.  Had it not been for Joel and my employers being so awesome to me it would have been a lot worse though, so I can't complain too much.  Oh well it's resolved now and hopefully everything is back to normal. 

The week with the kids was pretty good, with everything else going on I didn't have time to plan anything new and exciting.  The kids enjoyed it though when I brought my electric keyboard with me yesterday.  They had so much fun playing different beats, listening to the different instruments, and dancing to the songs.  It was really amazing to see them so engrossed in something for so long.  Hopefully I can be a little more creative this coming week and get some new things out here for everyone to see.

So today I have been enjoying my weekend doing my favorite weekend hobby: crafting!!  First I wanted to share with you an update I made to our bedroom a while ago with some decoupage canvases I did with some pictures of Paris from an old calendar:

So I started off today with making some (and by some I mean a lot) of rosettes.  I saw a tutorial online last weekend and I just love how they looked and made some of my own.

Then I put them on a plain tank top that I had laying around and it looks really cool if I do say so myself.


After my fun little rosette project (which I still have a ton of to use for some other project) I moved on to a decoupage little wooden crate centerpiece for our new bistro set on the balcony:

and another one that I haven't decided what it's purpose is yet:

 Stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment