Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sssssssupper ssssaid the ssssssnake....

So that is one of the kids' favorite books (Snake Supper) that we read just about every other day.  Since the kids love the snake books so much I thought today we would make pasta snakes!  It's pretty simple- I painted some penne with acrylic paints, let them dry.  Then I gave them each a length of yarn on one end I tied a knot, so the pasta wouldn't fall off, then they strung their pasta on.  I used a glue gun to glue a couple pieces together to make the snake's head, put on some googly eyes and a tongue, and voila! Fun new snake toy!

I also got some bandanas for the kids to decorate with some fabric paint... probably not the best idea in retrospect.  Fabric paint and a 3 year old don't really mix.  But Nate did really well with it and I helped Abby out and we did it together.



So speaking of 3 year olds, how do you get one to stop drawing all over everything except paper?? I'd really love to figure that one out...

Anywho, for her birthday party on Saturday though, I posted earlier the t shirts I made her but in light of my recent flower making trend I thought I would add some to her tye-dyed shirt.  I think it turned out pretty well, a good addition. 

Stay tuned for more adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment