Monday, July 11, 2011

It's the birthday day: 7-11

Apparently everyone's birthday is today! One of my close friends from high school Katie, a good from college, Kelly and the little girl that I nanny for!  Happy Birthday to all the seven eleven girls!

So in celebration of the little girl that I nanny for turning 3 today we made brownies.  The kids helped me make them and they decorated them with sprinkles and everything so it was fun! Her party is on Saturday and she is super excited because they are having a bounce house and a water slide at the party. Playing outside all morning then brownie making this afternoon pretty much consumed the day.  That and room cleaning... we went through and did some serious cleaning today but their rooms look really great!

Tonight for dinner Joel and I made some really awesome chilli, best I've ever had I think.  It was really good with the green peppers, carrots, and black beans that I added along with my normal stuff.  I wanted to eat so much more than just my one bowl but I knew I shouldn't because I'm doing really well with my counting calories and exercising.  I've pretty consistently lost 2 lbs a week over the last 3 weeks and I plan on keeping up with that!

So yesterday I found a tutorial on stumbleupon for making a t shirt necklace/scarf thing.  (this is the tutorial) And I made one myself!!
It turned out pretty cool, I really like it and it was fairly simple to make.  From that idea I developed my own for making a braided one using t-shirt loops, well I think it was my idea, I may have inadvertently borrowed it from somewhere else but I don't have a tutorial to link to.  So here's the starting of my project:
I'm making braids using the different colors and then I'm going to attach them like they did in the other tutorial.  I think it will be pretty cool- pictures when I'm done!!

Stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment