Saturday, August 6, 2011

Nifty Thrift Store Scores!

Today made me wonder: have I gone DIY crazy?

The answer is most certainly NO!!  Joel and I visited sever thrift stores and one antique gallery today.  It was so much fun! I spent only $20.00 and got all of this:

Plus one more mirror that I forgot to photograph for the before pics.  I am absolutely in LOVE with those jars!!  I loved the antique gallery as well but most of the things there were out of my price range and already done, therefore no fun for an enthusiastic DIY-er such as myself :)  (although, I did find a beee-autiful set of nightstands that were $120 for the pair (!!!) and I was seriously tempted)

So then it was on to the makeovers of my new finds! After reading a bunch of cool chalkboard ideas this morning I had no choice but to go buy a little jar of chalkboard paint for my little project.  The jars were a great addition to my kitchen cupboard decor!  The frame, mirrors, and tray are destined for my dining room wall with the tray being turned into a chalk board. And here are the results for the jars in the kitchen:
My favorite is this blue jar:
The little etching on it says that it is a celebration of the USA's bicentennial, so I'm assuming it was made in 1976, pretty cool? I think so!

And here are close ups of the other two jars, I am definitely beginning a collection of these, I must say I love them!! (again) :)

Next we are on to the dining room wall and let me say that it may be my favorite wall in the apartment and that is saying a lot, because I am seriously in love with our master bedroom wall that has our DIY headboard, my french post cards and some decoupage art that I made myself.  So the results please....
These were the perfect addition to the existing decor!  And I love (yes I know, I use the word love too much) the chalk board, and the frame which I put some fabric in as the "artwork".  The blues all look really good together and add a really cool effect to the wall.  Here are some close ups:

That was my DIY adventure of the day, stay tuned for more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment