Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Miniature potted plants for the miniature humans :)

So as you could have guessed, today we planted some flowers! The kids' mom got them these little mini pots with all these different kinds of flower seeds.  We planted sunflowers, daisies, zinias, forget me nots, marigolds and cone flowers.  We planted most of the seeds in the little miniature pots they provided and then planted the rest in one of the flower beds out in their front yard.  The kids were really excited about these and kept checking to see if they had sprouted yet.... I tried to explain that it would be a few days (at least), but I don't think I got through.  Hopefully they do sprout and I don't kill them with my black thumb... I haven't even been able to keep my hanging plants alive... they look pretty wilted.  Anyway, here's some pictures of the planting process:



And yes they're still wearing their binoculars we made yesterday.  They were "spotting" animals out in the woods today like a lion, a monkey, an actual cardinal, and many other animals real and make believe. 

Sometimes I really do wish that I could see the world through their eyes, be that age again.  All the make believe, pretending, costumes, playing the day away.  I guess I am quite lucky that I at least get to experience some of these things through them again, and I get to see the wonder with which they see new things in their world and their innocence. 

Now I'm trying to think of some fun crafts we can do for the 4th of July, I already have a fun idea for some red, white and blue food that we can make together so I'll take some pictures and show you how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment