Monday, June 27, 2011

It's a jungle out there!

So we've been saving up toilet paper tubes to make binoculars and we finally made them today!  The kids had so much fun with them- we went on a safari and everything, looking out for animals and running from the scary boa constrictors!  


Their mom got some homework charts this weekend that we're using to track their progress on different things we work on like letters, numbers, reading, shapes, colors, math and apparently now spanish.  The kids told me today that they want to learn spanish, so I said sure, why not.  I think I could find some easy lesson plans for that somewhere.

I also want to try yoga with the kids.... I think they could use a calming influence in their lives.... lol.  And also because I tell the little boy "patience young grasshopper" which leads me to this:
we found a huge grasshopper outside and followed it around for a while, so we could learn how it moves to add grasshoppers to our game of move like the animals!

So I've been trying to eat healthier especially since I started reading my friend Katie's blog, she makes all this healthy stuff that looks so yummy.  Along those lines I decided to try a garden burger for lunch today; I've had black bean burgers before but never a garden burger and it was surprisingly good! And good for me!
So the adventure continues....

3 comments:

  1. It's pretty similar to a black bean burgers but it has different vegetables in it, I'm not sure exactly what, I'd have to look at the label but it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete