Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chalk Board Spray Paint (Obsessed!!)

So last weekend I found some chalk board spray paint and decided that it would be put to perfect use on all of the wine bottles I have been collecting.  I was saving them for a wedding in the distant future to use as center pieces (which is still the plan).  Painting them with the chalk board spray paint left such a nice finish, especially compared to the ones I painted with the regular chalk board paint. I think that they will be great as center pieces- you can easily write table numbers, add a little decoration at the top, etc. 

I thought leaving on the labels would add a nice texture once it was painted.  That was actually a little more trouble than it was worth.  Next time I will definitely soak the labels off first; it took too many coats to try and cover them.  Here is my work in progress:
 Here they are after the first coat.
 and a little wooden box that I also painted.
And here is the paint that I used- Rustoleum, the spray handle was definitely a must for how much spray painting I did.  I bought 2 cans of paint for $4 each and the handle was only $2. 

I used a couple of them for decoration on the newly remodeled table with some fake flowers. 


I have to decide what I want to write on there with the chalk.

And here are some shots of the finished bottles:

Love them! They will be perfect for some wedding off in the distant future... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment