Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Resolve!

And you can probably guess what I will say.... I will keep up with my blog!!

I've been very lucky to have had a nice relaxing vacation from work but tomorrow it's back to it!  I'm excited though to see the kids and get to use my new camera with the kids! My dad gave me his old Cannon EOS 40D dslr body and a new lens for Christmas!  It has been so much fun learning how to use it and taking some pretty cool pictures.  And the kids love when I take pictures of them so I am lucky to have such willing subjects!

I have new ideas for projects with the kids, projects for the home and am excited to share them with you!  My first project of the new year is a wintry flower wreath.  I used a basic twig wreath that I got from Jo Ann Fabrics and cut felt to make the flowers.  I did glitter on a few of them to add a little sparkle!  I think it looks pretty good!


On another note, I have been spending a lot of time over my vacation doing Zumba. It is a great way to excercise! It has been so much fun for me and inspired me on my way to my weight loss goals!  If you have never tried a Zumba class I strongly encourage you to.  And if you live anywhere near the Denton area I also encourage you to check out the new Fuego Fitness in the Denton mall; the instructors there are awesome and they have all inspired me on my journey. 

That's all for this post, and there will be more soon! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment